follow me on Twitter
Living Large in Cyberspace: The creation of art from in the virtual world

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The creation of art from in the virtual world

This is a link to a video created in the game World of Warcraft. It is mostly about the exploits of members of a particular guild, "A Unit".

"A Unit"'s 4th movie "It's a lifestyle"

The question that this brings up, one I am interested in, is who owns the content?
If I write a poem on a piece of in game mail, and send it to someone else, who owns it?
I am sure there is a clause in the EULA or TOU, and still, I think this is a bigger discussion than that.


If a short video were created in the game, who would own the rights?

I believe, of course, the game provider (the world provider! What a thought, getting sort of matrixy, eh?) would suggest they do....

On another note, being an avid player of WoW, this is a pretty cool video. These guys are very interesting.

~L~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home